10 August 2010

Updates

My recent post last March 7 says that I re-signed my contract. That was a few months back when i was promoted as Program Manager. I have since resigned from the BPO company. I am now officially a bum. My resignation was effective June 30, 2010. I've finally faced the fact that I really need to spend more time with my family. I am currently dying of boredom at my mom's office. I chided my mom that my journey from being a manager to a messenger isn't the best career decision anyone will ever make. She's very sport about it.

Now that I own my time, I don't know what to do with it. Oh yes, my mom actually is paying me to do something and not just sit and be bored in the office. Maybe I should start doing that.

* * *

Because of my status as a BUM, I've also accepted some online jobs like article writing. Now, I know that I am not the most creative of writers but I can safely say that I can make coherent sentences and string them together to create a logical paragraph. I can do that. But then the one reviewing my articles just said that she was confused with my sentences. Sweetheart, I may be a boring writer but my sentences make sense. Maybe it's you who need some checking, your bulbs might be getting dim.

I guess she was just lost in the midst of my long winded unimaginatively dull sentences.

* * *

The downside of being a bum is that the high 6-figure salary is gone. My mom now has replaced that with a mid 5-figure salary with a dash of guilt on the side. I am officially poverty-stricken, I hope this is not contagious and give it to my wife.

* * *

Here I am again, promising myself to write some more. I really do want to write because I feel that it is a form of catharsis for me.

No comments: