8 January 2009

Survey: 45 Qs

I had a good cry today over the result of the biopsy so let me rest from serious things by answering a survey posted by my friend Diane T. in Friendster.

1. Were you smiling when you woke up this morning? *No matter what time of day I wake up, I never smile. I just frown and shake sleep away.

2. When was the last time you met someone new? *I think Jacob Alan Carlos H. Reyes counts here. I first met him (in person) when the nurse at the San Pedro Hospital showed him to me and she said that the tiny little thing was my son, Jacob.

3. When did you last ate pizza? *My mother-in-law brought a pizza from the new Italian resto in Davao, Spirale last Saturday, January 3, 2009. The day Jacob was born.

4. Do you drink beer? *I'd be lying to my teeth if I said no and all people who know me will gang up on me and call me a liar. Last drinking session was January 1. I was RH positive for the first day of the year.

5. Do you wash your own clothes? *I used to but then I made more money, enough to pay someone to do it for me. Shocks, my mom's going to kick me because I never paid her when she washed my dirties way back then.

6. Are you any good at poker? *I can strip but I can't do poker. I can poke, though, does that count? Big grin.

7. What do you want more than anything? *Ooooh, I better be careful with this one. Good health for my son and my dad. I think I am going to get an award for this LOLz.

8. Are you tired? *I am tired of a lot of things but physically, I am not YET tired, ask me 3 hours from now.

9. Besides your bed, what is your favorite thing in your room? *I would assume that this meant inanimate objects, if that is the case, then it's my laptop. My MacBook goes wherever I go (except the LOO).

10. Pepsi or Coke? *Coke, Coke Zero to be precise.

11. Would you ever take someone back if they cheated on you? *If I am allowed to hurt them as much as they have hurt me, maybe after I will consider.

12. Do you enjoy piercings and tattoos? *Not if it's too much. I want to have a tattoo someday. I do have a piercing, my left lobe. Does that matter?

13. Taco Bell or McDonald's? *So this survey did not come from the Philippines. But let me answer this with a question, do I like to stay on the throne and take lots of dunks? Big Mac please.

14. Are you restless? *Restless meaning wanderlust? Yes. I like to travel. Restless meaning idle hands? Yes. So bottomline, I am always restless in whatever context.

15. Is your computer a desktop or a laptop? *Both, I use my MacBook to download stuff since there is not that much viruses (if any) for Mac OS. The PC is here because it came first. But since it's working, why not use it every now and then.

16. How many Friendster views do you have? *As of January 7, I have 92 views month-to-date. I am not famous, sorry.

17. Want to be a prince/princess? *No, I just want to be plain rich and powerful. No need for blue blood, my B+ is just fine, thank you.

18. Do you believe dreams come true? *I am living my dream. I have a wife who is beautiful inside and out and I just became a dad to a handsome and healthy baby boy.

19. Last song you heard? *Viva La Vida, the version by Boyce Avenue.

20. Do you like Batman? *I love the cartoon version. Although, I like Bruce Wayne more than Batman.

21. What are you wearing on your foot? *As in right now? Nothing coz I am in my room. But normally I am comfy with my Havs and my Croc shoes. On formal occasions I love wearing my Pab Der leathers.

22. What was the last thing you ate? *Mrs. Fields soft and chewy cookie. Just one. Coz I am on a diet.... NOT!

23. What were you doing before this? *I entertained my parents who visited their grandkid.

24. What is the closest item near you that is blue? *The curtain is blue. The bed that I am on is covered in blue. The baby an arm's length away is wearing blue. Blue is part of my life. And just an FYI, so is green although my wife is yet to admit that it's her favorite color.

25. In your opinion what is the weirdest thing listed on goofysicons.com? *Know what's weirder though? That goofysicons.com is in this survey. Makes me want to ask why? Why? There.

26. What instant messaging service do you use? *Is there any other IM provider that's worth my while than Yahoo! Messenger? So for faster and more reliable instant messages, choose what 9 out of 10 bloggers use, Yahoo! Messenger. There, now let me email the Yahoo! people for my fee.

27. What is your favorite website? *There are five sites that I visit on a regular basis, if not daily: Friendster, Multiply, Facebook, Blogger/Blogspot, and Yahoo. But aside from websites that I have a personal account, then that would be the best site in the entire world wide web and that is Wikipedia. Wooot for Wiki!!! I have to email Jimmy Wales for this.

28. Whose house were you at last night? *Just the house that we are renting. Where else?

29. What do you wear more, jeans and sweatpants? *Not just jeans sweetheart, Levi's.

30. What was the last movie you watched? *The last one I saw at the movie house was Twilight and I abhorred it. I am currently finishing La Vita e Bella (Life is Beautiful) right now. I did not have the time to finish it.

31. What do you currently hear right now? *The movement of my wifey in the room and my fingers doing wonders on the keyboard.

32. When did you last buy a new pair of pants? *Does this mean my own money? Can't remember but I did twist my wife's arms for a Bossini slacks in Cebu for my friend Luigi's wedding sometime in October of '08.

33. Where's your favorite place to be? *I like to catch the sunrise near David's Statue here in Davao. I also like the afternoon view of Talomo bay from Felis Resort. I love the wind on my face in TOPs in Cebu.

34. Have you ever heard of the band Our Lady Peace? *For cool points I wish I did, but I only know of Mary, Our Lady of Peace.

35. Where do you sleep? *On our bed. It's the best place to sleep.

36. Where do you shop the most? *I hardly shop. For clothes I love Mossimo and Giordano (nowadays). I love gadgets so I window shop at the Apple iStore. For Malls, at the risk of sounding too stuck up, I do like Chimes. Simply because there is not much of a queue when paying.

37. Where did you get the shirt you're wearing? *Before I changed to this tattered Jockey sando, I was wearing a polo shirt from Marks and Spencer (Ayala Cebu).

38. Coach Purse or NFL game tickets? *Neither, I want a new watch... TAG or Philip Stein please. (note to my wife: no hon, I am not making a hint for you. In 2010 perhaps?)

39. Where was your default pic taken? *I think this question pertains to the Friendster pic, well that was taken at the Nursery of San Pedro Hospital. Now as for this blog's profile pic, it was taken at the Waterfront Insular Hotel before my wedding.

40. Why did you pick your background? *Again, for Friendster, I am not really familiar with the Zelda Wii game but I find it cool. For this blog, I like the utter simplicity.

41. Are you happy with where you are? *If not for my dad's illness, I am extremely happy with where this life has lead me.

42. Do you believe that love at first sight exists? *I used to not really believe it but it happend twice to me. The first time I saw an Audi TT Quattro and the first time I saw my son.

43. Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries? *Yes! But celebrating month-aversaries is altogether a different matter.

44. Do you believe that you can change someone? *No. I believe that I can change myself because of someone. Change should always come from within.

45. What are you going to do after you do this survey? *Dinner time!

No comments: