22 May 2009

You Gotta Like Me, Or Else...

"And this is my life – getting dumped with no warning, or liking people who don’t like me back, or who don’t like me enough, or not as much as they like someone else."

That's a line I read somewhere in the internet. Do I relate to it? Yes and no. Let me explore the "no" first. I can't relate to it because I honestly believe that I have friends and loved ones who truly like (even love!) me back. I've made a decent number of friends (real friends) and i can't complain. I've been blessed. Now for the "yes".

Change is the only constant in life. So every now and then I get to be in a situation where I have to make friends. The problem with starting a new set of friends, the foundation is not there and the assurance that these new "friends" will be there and will remain true and loyal is also not there. So I tend to be insecure when it comes to new friends. Maybe because I lack the understanding or I made a mistake in choosing the new friends, whatever it is, this situation makes me relate to the quote above.

1 comment:

Honey said...

you have an award from me. pls go to http://stylistwanted.blogspot.com/2009/07/10-things.html to claim it. thanks!